Portfolio — The editor’s sampler
Academic papers and journal articles
I’ll help you present your research and results clearly and consistently and will apply the appropriate style be it APA, MLA, Chicago, Vancouver or Harvard.
- Uncertain Futures: Women Leaving Prison and Re-entering Community, Alison Pedlar, Susan Arai, Felice Yuan, Darla Fortune
- Numerous journal articles in the humanities, health care, and soft sciences
- Theses and dissertations
- Human interest essays and articles in health care.
- English language editing that includes revising awkward sentences and phrasing and finding the right word
Books — non-fiction and reference
With wisdom and sensitivity, I help clients find their voices and revise their manuscript to better convey their ideas and tell their stories. I specialize in non-fiction and work with writers and organization that self-publish as well with traditional publishers.
- Two international Bible commentaries: the 2000-page South Asia Bible Commentary and 1600-page Africa Bible Commentary (2007 Reference Book of the Year at the United Kingdom’s Christian Booksellers’ Convention)
- Wrote the section “The Editing Process for Nonfiction books,” Editorial Niches: A Companion to Editing Canadian English, 3rd edition, published by the Editors Association of Canada
- Histories for a Catholic school board, a Catholic diocese, and a First Nations Child and Family Services
- Memories and biographies:
- Art book for a Catholic seminary
- Numerous text books
Manuals and instructional material
As an editor, I collaborate with clients to produce reports and manuals that make it easy for staff and volunteers to learn and apply the information.
- Policy and procedure manuals for Community Care Access centres and Opportunity International Canada
- Instructional manuals for StayWell Health Company Ltd. (Red Cross of Canada water safety, lifeguarding, and first aid instructor manuals)
- Training manuals in evangelism, keeping rural churches strong, and personal spiritual development